13 miles single track branch from Scotsgap to Rothbury with intermediate stations at Longwitton, Ewesley, Fontburn, and Brinkburn.
- 1863 Northumberland Central Railway Act authorises the building of a line from the Wansbeck Railway, near Hartburn, to Ford with a branch to Coldstream (Cornhill) on the Berwick and Kelso Railway.
- 1867 Northumberland Central Railway Act authorises abandonment of the line beyond Rothbury.
- 19/10/1870 Line opens.
- 07/1872 Northumberland Central Railway Company amalgamated with North British Railway.
- 03/07/1875 3 die and 25 are injured in a major accident south of Longwitton. Click here to download a copy of the accident report (courtesy of Mike Smith)
- 13/09/1952 Passenger service withdrawn.
- 09/11/1963 Line closed.